Sunday, April 06, 2008

Blogs With Benefits 2

In my first post about blogging I explained the benefits that I have enjoyed. For me it has been educational, therapeutic and I have built many relationships. In fact, it is one of the reasons we connected with John and are now beginning to lead a campus for Bay Area Fellowship.

So you can see some of the benefits, now what do you do?

Starting Your Blog
This is actually simpler than it sounds. My suggestion is start with one of the many free blogging platforms out there. I use Blogger. Two other ones I would recommend are Wordpress and Typepad.

Below I have attached a helpful video on how to start a blog with Blogger.



Tools
Two tools that you need to get going with your blog are Google Analytics and Feedburner. Google Analytics helps you track the statistics of your blog. Feedburner burns a RSS feed of your blog. If you burn your feed with Feedburner and decide to move your blog, those that subscribe through the feed will never notice the move.

Here is a video on creating a Google Analytics account:



Learn more about Feedburner and burning a feed [HERE]

If you are a pastor and would like to set up a blog Scott Magdalein recently offered help on his blog.

What advice do some of you others have on blogging?

If you have found this post helpful, please share it with a friend or on your blog.

No comments: