Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Built on Faith

I tell you what. It seems like each week I get more and more excited. You know you almost have those thoughts that if you say the wrong thing you will jinx what is happening. Or your just kind of waiting for the let down.

But for a Christian those thought just shouldn't be in our head. We are more than overcomers. We are champions for Christ, a chosen generation. God is for us and every good and perfect gift comes from the father. The reason I don't worry about how things are going, (don't get me wrong when I say this cause I see that we are a mile from where I want us to be) is because worrying has never changed anything. But faith changes everything. Faith is what pleases God and it is by faith that everything is happening at Elevate.

This past week it looks like we might have added a keyboard player to our worship band Frontline. (They have this awesome handsome acoustic guitar player who is leaving us to go to UT (I forgave him when he said he would get me in the football games (Hook 'em HORNS))) God also brought in a young man who lead worship for his youth ministry. In three months God has but together a full praise team because it was going to be vital to where we are going. It is one of those logs that has to be organized to bring the fire to what we are doing over here.

All of this is happening by faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. The Message Bible paraphrases like this: ...this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. Too often people get into worring and life becomes just kind of yuch. Let faith be the firm foundation for your life. PeAcE....

No comments: