Monday, January 26, 2009

Innovation3 First Night

I'm going to be posting thoughts, notes and hopefully everything else from The Innovation3 Gathering.

First Night Thoughts:
  • Pastor John, Dave Cothem and I made the trip up from Dallas today. We watched the temp drop all the way up from Corpus.
  • We picked up Cathy Harwick in Belton and ate some good bar-b-que.
  • This being the first night we had a blast with some of the staff from Bent Tree Bible Church where the conference is being held. The church was simply first class. I'm so depressed that I forgot my camera to catalog all of this.
  • We got the back stage tour from Greg Atkinson who took us into the video control room where we met some very cool twitter-ers.
  • Got to meet Camron Ware the genius behind www.visualworshiper.com who has some simply stunning stage designs using images with projectors. Check out the picture galleries on his blog.
  • After the tour we went over to a Mexican restraraunt called Mena's and ate and hung out with some conference attendees and the guys from Bent Tree. If you ever eat there I would highly recommend the Chipotle Brisket Taco's.
  • We had a lot of fun and spontaneously dubbed ourselves the "BackTweet Boys" for the first unofficial Tweet Up at the conference. Check out the pic.
  • I'm Blue Steel the drummer of the band by the way.
  • Looking forward to the first official Tweet Up with DJ Chuang tomorrow.
  • Have to say though that I'm missing the wife and kiddo's.

No comments: