Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Is It In You??? 1

One of the traits a church planter, pastor or Christian should have is DETERMINATION.

One of the definitions for determination is the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose.

I watched Danny Way at the X-Games exhibit this essential trait. On his first attempt in the Big Air competition. He ended up walking off the ramp under his own power...refused medical treatment and went on to finish all this attempts earning the silver medal. Watch the video.



The next time you are debating giving up...stay determined....your medal is just around the corner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are launching our new church in September, and some days the only thing we have is our determination to carry out the vision God has infused in my heart. Planting a church has been the most frustrating and joy filled experience I have ever had. This is a great connection to a great video. Thanks for the encouragement this morning.

Anonymous said...

I was at a point in my life that I wanted to just give up, to walk away, because honestly it just wasn't worth it. But instead I dug my heels in, got a mentor, and pushed onward. And though I am not there yet, I am close to a medal. The color doesn't matter. What does matter is that I didn't give up. I was determined.

INTELBLKMN said...

that clip is craaaazzy!