Monday, May 26, 2008

My Saturday Night Timeline

7:30 p.m. - After working 10 hours on our campus I got home to rest for awhile. All was well.

8:30 p.m. - My wife and I decide to go to pick up my car at the campus. When we went out we noticed water coming out of each side of our driveway. Not just a little drip...MASSIVE leak.

We call the city and were told they were going to try to get someone out.

11:00 p.m. - City Foreman arrives to let us know we have a leak. (Really????)

1:00 a.m. - City crew arrives to jack hammer holes in the driveway to find the leak. (I'm sure the neighbors enjoyed that.)

7:30 a.m - Day crew arrives to jack hammer and dig up our driveway entry, of course with the water shut off while everyone needs to get ready for church. (Again bet the neighbors loved that too.)

10:30 a.m. - Leaving to church with our driveway looking like this.





I was going to buy an above-ground pool for the summer. Thanks to the City of Corpus Christi I now have an in-ground pool for a drive way. It's probably going to be like this for two or three days due to the holiday.

Is there a leadership lesson in this? HMMMMM.....

Maybe...Be careful if you dig a hole for yourself....you might fall in.

Or...The systems lying beneath the surface that are uncared for are in danger of breaking.

What about you??? Can you find a lesson in this???

2 comments:

The Food Tweaker Blog said...

How deep would a leader have to dig to find "issues" within the system?

Jason Curlee said...

Great thought.....