Friday, November 16, 2007

Journey Through John Day #9 (John 9)

Read - John 9

My Key Verse - John 9:39 Jesus then said, "I came into the world to bring everything into the clear light of day, making all the distinctions clear, so that those who have never seen will see, and those who have made a great pretense of seeing will be exposed as blind."

My Reflection - Jesus came into the world so that those who have never seen will see. Obviously He isn't here. But He has put this wonderful task into our hands. While we are on Earth we are the ones who now bring His light to the world. Others should see Him through us.

This is starting to be more clear everyday as I interact with others in my new job. For the past 14 years I have worked on a daily basis in a church environment. Now I work in an environment that has really no light. Those around me may never have another chance to see Jesus except through me. That is why I am patient with them. That is why I don't judge them. That is why I am just trying to expose them to the light.

My Prayer - Lord help me daily to shine your light through my life. Not just in word but let my whole life glorify and show others who you are.

No comments: