Sunday, November 25, 2007

Journey Through John Day #18 (John 18)

Read - John 18

My Key Verse - John 18:25-27 Meanwhile, Simon Peter was back at the fire, still trying to get warm. The others there said to him, “Aren’t you one of his disciples?” He denied it, “Not me.” One of the Chief Priest’s servants, a relative of the man whose ear Peter had cut off, said, “Didn’t I see you in the garden with him?” Again, Peter denied it. Just then a rooster crowed.

My Reflection - Sometimes it's easy to sit and say we are going to be bold for Christ. It is times when we are completely out of our comfort zone that we find that we cave under the pressure.

This is yet another reason why we must continue to build ourselves up spiritually. Sometimes it's easy to be bold in church and profess what you are going to do.

In reflecting on this passage I can see that part of Peter's denial may have come from the pressure of being so bold in his faith. Yet when confronted by a man who was there when he stood up to Jesus and cut a man's ear off he caved.

My Prayer - Lord, help me to be bold in my profession of faith for you no matter where I may be.

No comments: