Thursday, November 22, 2007

Journey Through John Day #15 (John 15)

Read - John 15

My Key Verse - John 15:5-7 I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon.

My Reflection - One thing I see about our relationship with God is that it is alive. Often times we treat God as one certain part of our lives. He said though that the relationship is intimate and organic. Our relation should be intimate: a relationship that involves personally close association or feeling. Our relation should be organic: one that is interconnected. In other words we should have a life that is truly close and interconnected with Him. Thus the vine and branches example.

That being said when our relationship is that close there are some benefits.

1. We will have an abundant harvest.
2. We will get anything we ask.

The reason for these two things is that we will do the things God needs and wants us to do because they will be passionate in our hearts. We will also be filled with His Word and will ask for things that are already in His will.

There is no way this one post can do justice to this because there is so much in this set of verses.

My Prayer - Lord help my life to be totally interconnected with yours. Help my words and desires to be lined up with your will. Help me to always keep my eye on you.

No comments: