Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Journey Through John Day #14 (John 14)

Read - John 14

My Key Verse - John 14:9 “You’ve been with me all this time, Philip, and you still don’t understand? To see me is to see the Father. So how can you ask, ‘Where is the Father?’

My Reflection - How relevant is that to today's Christian? Jesus said that His life was a reflection of the Father. They weren't seeing His life. They were seeing the Father.

Our lives should model this same line of thought. Our lives should model the life of Christ to those around us. Not the over-hyped religious figure. They should model the true Christ. They one that was about helping others around. It was about reaching out to the ones no one wanted. It really was a life opposed to the religious system.

How does your life reflect Jesus? Could you say "To see me is to see Christ"?

My Prayer - Father help me to be a person who others see Christ. Let my life be such an example that they truly see the heart of Christ.

No comments: