Monday, November 19, 2007

For My Friends In The Coastal Bend Area

For My Friends In The Coastal Bend Area

God has been up to some great things in our lives lately. He has been taking us on a journey that didn’t just begin but has been 14 years in the making. I don’t know if I could do justice in totally describing the vision I see when I close my eyes. A vision of lives changed, people discipled, and a movement spreading across the land. I would have to say that it is slightly overwhelming. Something that I don’t feel “I” could do. But I believe that is exactly where God has us.

In 1994, God radically changed our lives. He placed a passion in us to work with teens. Over the years, I have seen that passion grow into a ministry of creativity and innovation that has brought that same change into others lives. In the past 3 to 4 years God has also been at work on my heart. I know God has been calling me to step up into a greater vision.

As I have reflected more and more I know God has called us to breathe His life into the Coastal Bend Area and beyond. In being back in Corpus Christi now, I have looked at the landscape of churches and have seen that many are passionate for God and many are doing a good work, but I believe God wants to reach this area in a greater way.

There are three things about church that I do believe God wants to see. They all fall in Acts 1:8 and are: Holy Spirit Led, Evangelistic, and Reproducing. I really believe this is the type of church God wants to see established.

I would love to tell you that I have the exact strategy to do it, but I don’t. I would love to tell you that it is all laid out from start to finish, but it’s not. What I can tell you is that God came to seek and save that which was lost and rescue them from an ordinary and mundane life. He is also going to show us one step at a time just how He plans on doing it.

I know the vision is about people: Making disciples by teaching the life-changing message of Christ and sound biblical principals for living.

This will revolve around what I call the 3 G’s: Gather, Grow and Give
Gather
We will gather together weekly to celebrate what God is doing in our lives and in the church.

Grow
We will experience Biblical community as we grow with others through weekly small groups.

Give
We will impact our world as we give weekly to God’s work using our unique talents, passions, and resources.

So what is the next step God is calling us too. I believe that is in gathering a launch team. As the initial team is gathered it will be poured into as we prepare to launch this movement God has designed for us.

This step is going to begin with a Bible Study through the first few chapters of the book of Acts.

This bible study will be on the following Fridays at 7:00 pm at our home: November 30th, December 14th, and December 28th. (For Directions Please Send Us A Message To pastorjcurl@gmail.com)

Beginning the weekend of January 11th, we will begin reaching out in a broader manner on a weekly basis as we begin our quest to next summer when this movement will hit full steam.

We would love for you to join us in this journey that God has us on. Many of you have been a close part of our lives for many years and it is our desire that you partner with us to find out what God has in store for us all.

Please mark your calendars to join us on those initial three dates as we take the first step to the destiny God has designed.

No comments: