Friday, October 26, 2007

Save Those Seconds

There are 24 hours or 1,440 minutes or 86,400 seconds in one day.

If any of you out there are like me you spend time on the internet surfing and reading. One of the main things I use the internet for is as a research and growth building tool.

There are so many blogs out there from pastors and other industry leaders that you can almost instantaneously get access to the top minds in your field.

You can do this my clicking on each site individually or you can save time with the following tips.

Several of you are running around the Internet visiting this site and then that site and then that site and so on. That process takes time. Lots of your precious time. You deserve to have that time back to do more important things...

Right now, I'm tracking about 70+ different blogs, but it only takes me a handful of minutes each day. Rather than visiting each of those sites individually, I take advantage of Really Simple Syndication (RSS) to let the fun come to me in one location where I can scan only the new posts and ignore the sites where I know nothing has been updated. You can do this as well. It's really simple.

With that in mind, here's how you can easily subscribe to my blog:

1. Sign up for a "newsreader." I use Google Reader which is a great place to start, not to mention being able to use all the other great tools google provides.

2. Once signed up for Google Reader you will then add my blog to your subscription by coping the link below into your newsreader using the Add Subscription Function to subscribe to my feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/MakingDifferenceMakers

If you want more options, just click the Feedburner icon on right column on my site, or you can go here.

If that sounds too complicated, you can also receive my posts directly in your email inbox. Just complete the email subscription form on the right sidebar of my blog.

There you have it. It's that simple.

Now, what are you going to do with all the extra seconds in your day?

No comments: