Monday, October 29, 2007

Acts 1:8 Church Part 1

As I am delving through Acts on what a church should be.

I can't help but begin with Acts 1:8 which says:

He told them, "You don't get to know the time. Timing is the Father's business.
What you'll get is the Holy Spirit. And when the Holy Spirit comes on you, you
will be able to be my witnesses in Jerusalem, all over Judea and Samaria, even
to the ends of the world."

Within this I see three things that should embody the DNA of a church.

1) Holy Spirit Led
2) Evangelistic
3) Reproducing

Over the course of this week we will jump in to each of these points and bring out a little on each. Remember, I'm not looking at everything just this particular verse and the principles we can find in it.

What else might you see through this verse?

No comments: