Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Reasons Part 1

There are several reason I do what I do. Let me back up for a minute and tell you what it is I do.

For the past 14 years I have been called to ministry as a pastor. It is a calling that I hold with high regards. It is not something I do because I don't have anything else to do. It is not something I do because it is the only thing I know how to do. It is not something I do because I've never done anything else.

It is something I do because I am called to it. Over the 14 years I have wrestled over it. I have tried to subdue it. At one point I tried to ignore it. It was the one thing that always came back to the surface.

For me I know it because of several reasons. It has been verified by others within His body. I have seen God bless the work of my hands. His Spirit bears witness with mine. I have stood the test of trials and time. It has been verified by His prophets. He has spoken through His Word to me.

About 14 years ago I was praying one morning and God opened up His Word to me in what I feel at that time was to be my calling and reasoning for ministry. It is one of the only a handful of times it has happened to me like that.

Isaiah 62:10
10 Pass through, pass through the gates!
Prepare the way for the people.
Build up, build up the highway!
Remove the stones.
Raise a banner for the nations.

Now this spoke to me in a great way that morning as I felt God was telling me what His calling for me was going to be. It is just one of the reasons why I do what I do.

No comments: