Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Major Changes Part 1

Part 1 of my major changes that life has brought this week.

First of all I turned in my resignation this week at the church I was at. I am no longer on staff there in any capacity. I was blessed and sent off tonight at our youth meeting and said goodbye. It was tough choking back the tears. There are some awesome teens that God has blessed and allowed us to be part of their lives. Many of them chose to follow Christ for the first time in their lives and we were part of that. One young man even came up and told me that he felt I was a lot like his dad. That one was really tough for me. I really value the time I had with these teens. They are awesome.

This is one of the toughest things you ever have to do in youth ministry.

Stay Tuned For More Major Changes

2 comments:

Chris said...

May the Lord provide you with the necessary grace to continue moving forward. I can totally connect with the stomach-turning feeling of leaving. I thought I could be strong when I too resigned, but I broke when the time came to tell the youth.
In Christ,
Chris
former Youth Pastor 2003-2005
Church of Hope

Tyler said...

This is one of the toughest things I can imagine having to do. However, it is the first step in following what God is calling you to. I can't wait to hear about how everything is going with this.