Tuesday, December 05, 2006

God Dwells In The Darkness 2

One of my favorite movie series is Rocky...so you have to watch this preview before you read on.




Oh no you don't...watch the preview first.

Last week I wrote a post called God Dwells in the Darkness...I also spoke in our adult meeting last week about it. Last night I was at our Men's Ministry when our Pastor asked me to do a devotional with about 20 minutes notice. I know I hear ya...your a Pastor your supposed to be ready in season and out of season.

Well I wasn't ready. In fact my mind was so off preaching last night...(maybe it was on those chicken wings)...

Anyway I strolled up to my office and was totally blank...I looked through all my past message titles wondering if I could use one of them(It's a good reason why I keep all of them), but that wasn't working. So I was frozen until I started thinking about my favorite verse, Micah 7:8. Here it is in the message paraphrase.

Don't, enemy, crow over me.
I'm down, but I'm not out.
I'm sitting in the dark right now,
but God is my light.

I love it.

In that trailer of Rocky...his trainer talks about all the things Rocky doesn't have to beat his opponent...You know what we don't have them either.

Our opponent has years of experience. But we do have one thing he doesn't...we have a God that is bigger. Sometimes we need to remind our adversary of the fact that "We may be down, but we are not out. It may be dark all around, but that is just where God wants us cause He is our light."

God dwells in the darkness cause He wants to be the only source of light we have.

So when you are feeling overwhelmed or that there is just a little to much on you...be encouraged...you may be down but your not out.

Say that with me, "I may be down, but I'm not out."

No comments: