Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Eight Things That Excite Me

There are a lot of things that excite me that probably don't excite others and vice versa...

For example, when people come up and ask me if I watched the latest pro football game on the weekend. Usually I tell them, "nope, I don't watch pro football." In fact, I haven't watched the Superbowl in the last 3 or 4 years. (Whole Janet Jackson thing...missed it.) Now don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-pro football, they are a bunch of overpaid jocks kinda guy...oh no...I think they deserve every bit of the salaries they get. In fact, they should probably get paid more. It just I enjoy the college game a little more. The atmoshere at those games is a little different. Ever since I played ball in college, I can relate to the thrill of the rivalry of the college game. On top of that, college football has been marketed very well over the past few years and although the play on the field is not at the professional level, the excitement is definitely there.

So what does excite Jason Curlee...well here goes

8. A big stack of ribs from Smitty's in Lockhart, TX. I know it's debatable, but I stop there every time I go through.

7. When the Longhorn's win. (They still have a good shot at a national championship. It would be really cool though to win the Rose Bowl three times in a row.)

6. Reading a great book on leadership, church growth, business, etc...and learning that one concept that is going to take myself or my organization to a higher level.

5. Getting our Elevate Service out in a podcast. (My wife was so bored when I was telling her about how we did it.) Here is the latest.

4. Seeing our team at Elevate pull off a great service.

3. When my children succeed in whatever they are doing. I want them to be the best.

2. Of course I couldn't write this post without saying my wife excites me...even after almost 15 years of marriage she is the one I look forward to seeing everyday.

And the number one reason....(drum roll)

1. When I see God change people's lives. I love the fact that God uses me in all my imperfections to do something great for Him. I know you're probably saying this just cause you are a Pastor and you're supposed to say that. But I do what I do for this very reason. Not for the pay..(although more would be nice) but for the thrill of seeing people move forward in their lives.


What are the things that excite you? Leave me a comment I want to hear what some of yours are.

No comments: