Saturday, October 14, 2006

GET IN THE GAME (update)

Well…usually I start out with something like “a long awaited update.” This time I won’t do that….it is more like “a very long awaited update.”…LOL…I have been so, so, so, so busy…along with the youth ministry which is doing great…this past week 54 teens with over 60 people in attendance (still slowly growing, which is how I want it) my life has been busy with so many other things.

We started a new series in our main service called “Get in the Game” which was my idea. It is about people getting off the bench and getting involved. We decorated our sanctuary like a football stadium with our stage being a football field. We had a tailgate party on our launch date. I also did all the graphic design for our mailouts…that took me about 3 weeks. It was the first time I have done anything like that and I feel they were great except for one detail…but if I ever do another I will fix that. We are also going to have a ministry expo and have a booth…so I tried my hand at editing a DVD that will run at our booth…It came out great. Then I designed a banner for our youth room…All this graphic work is time intensive…We are also going to do a small conference at the end of our series called S.H.A.P.E. It is designed to help people find their gifts for service.

Below are some pictures from our first service on our launch to show you our stage. Our second service was packed due to the tailgate party.
IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg


Through all of this I have tried to keep myself from not being overwhelmed with work. It is easy for me to do that in ministry because I have such a passion for service and for excellence. And the reality is that excellence takes more time. But it is time that is well worth it in the long run. Make sure that all of you are finding your spot in ministry at your churches and doing what you can to make your dreams happen. I told our youth ministry this week that everyday I think about eternity…A life that has been rescued lives for eternity. My perspective is that I want to do everything that I can so that one day I can look into Jesus eyes and hear Him say, “Well done my good and faithful servant.”

That is only made possible through service. And I believe that a person who uses their gifts in the area of their passion relying on their personal attributes, personality and experiences will experience a true joy that goes beyond description. Jesus said He wants to fill our cups to overflowing. Experience that today…GET IN THE GAME…

No comments: