Friday, January 04, 2008

2008 Ideas

Got lots of ideas storming my head about this blog for 2008. I really want to take it to a whole new level.

I want to elevate this blog to what it's ultimate purpose should be.

Hopefully if you have read for any amount of time now you will know that I had a subtle shift at the end of 2007 with starting my own personal blog. There was a reason for it.

The reason was so that this blog could live up to it's potential.

With that being said here are some of my ideas:
  1. I am about building community. So I want to bring a guest blogger on board for this blog. Ultimately this is my brain child but it is not just about me. It is about getting the best content to develop others. So if you would like to guest blog on a permanent basis, write a post and email it to me. You can find my email address in my profile. I'm looking for the post to be based on my theme here. The purpose of this blog is to influence and develop others to make a difference in their world. Although we have a ministry theme I don't want to be limited exactly to that but am trying to stay predominantly in that genre. I can see us branching out to helping business leaders, family leaders, etc...All through January I will be accepting posts if you want to give it a shot. I will be judging really tight...imagine Simon tough. Don't let that scare you off...let it inspire you to excellence. If for nothing...challenge yourself. Top five entries will get props with the post showing up here on the blog and the number one post getting the spot.
  2. Although I would love for blogger to catch up...I don't see it happening that fast and might need to take this blog to another platform. My first thought is taking it to wordpress and then hosting it through it's own website. I want to create its own identity/brand and bring even more legitimacy to the blog. If you would like to partner with us by donating to make this a reality let me know and I'll give you details.
  3. I want to bring you guys into the mix with your input. What would you want to see out of this blog? How about a podcast? Video cast? What ideas could you see?
Lay down them comments for me....please. Take the challenge.

No comments: