Saturday, November 24, 2007

Journey Through John #16 (John 16)

Read - John 16

My Key Verse - John 16:23-24 This is what I want you to do: Ask the Father for whatever is in keeping with the things I've revealed to you. Ask in my name, according to my will, and he'll most certainly give it to you. Your joy will be a river overflowing its banks!

My Reflection - Jesus does want to give us whatever it is we want, but it is contingent on three things:

1. He reveals it to us
2. Ask in His name
3. According to His will

How many times are we asking for things outside of that. Maybe sometimes God doesn't answer some prayers because they are outside of this realm. Now I'm not saying every unanswered prayer is, I'm just reflecting on this particular verse.

I think this all falls in having that close and personal relationship with God. When we do, His heartbeat will be ours and we will ask things according to His will.

My Prayer - Lord, help my walk with you to be close. Let my heartbeat be yours. Let your Word springforth like a well from deep within me, that I will ask according to what you want for my life.

No comments: