Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Remix

Here are my remixed thoughts from today:
  • It felt weird not having to get ready to do anything for today. Don't know if I like that.
  • We chose to go to Bayarea Fellowship today with some great friends of ours Scott and Dawn.
  • I really love what and how they approach church over at Bayarea. It is totally geared to reach the unchurched. That is probably why I like it so much. Not because I'm unchurched...because that is my approach to ministry.
  • Got to see John Atkinson over there at Bayarea. I've had a little interaction through blogging and email with John and would really like to build a friendship with him since we live in the same town. Check out his blog.
  • Why have we taken the most awesome message and made it so boring in most churches.
  • The message of the Good News deserves the most creative and exciting approach their can be.
  • Most Christians need to learn to feed their selves and quit relying on Sunday Morning to do it.
  • Ever felt like Sunday was a divine appointment just for you. That is how I felt over there. God used Bil to speak totally to me all throughout the message. It was crazy. It has been a while since that has happened to me. I am going to try and do a separate post just on that.
  • Pray for us this week. I don't like to spend a lot of time using my blog for this but it is going to be hard financially. Pray.
  • Since being away from Journey Church and Church of Hope I have been at so much peace internally. I'm not going to elaborate much but in the long run it is going to be the best thing that ever happened to us.
  • It would be so easy to just get up on Sunday's and attend church, but I'm not looking for easy.
  • I know that God has a destiny and we are going to fulfill it. It is already ordained and I'm no quitter.
  • Feel like David in the cave of Adullam right now. I'll probably elaborate this week.
  • I have gotten two calls that have really encouraged me this weekend and have me realizing that God is so for us. They were out of the blue and I had absolutely nothing to do with them. I really feel it is because I have thrown this whole situation to God.
  • This week I want to really get concise as to the vision God has for our lives. I wish I didn't have to sub and could really lay it out so I'm going to do it the best I can with the time I have.
  • I wish this was the ______ ______ Church remix but it's not....SOON!!!!
  • I have had over 19,000 views of all my videos on youtube. That's crazy. Visit http://youtube.com/user/jaycurl44 to check them out.
  • I think I want to do a post called "Pride In The Pulpit". I'll pray about that...it could be hott to handle!

No comments: