Thursday, July 05, 2007

I Caught Myself Lying

Well everyone around me knows just how humble of a person I am. You know the type of guy that is self-less and never thinks of himself. A person who lets everyone go to the front of the line before him. Doesn't look to get any credit. And says that he would write this blog and do his podcast even if NO ONE READ OR LISTENED.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah right. Don't read that first paragraph with my wife around. Actually besides the front of the line thing most of that up there isn't who I am. What??? You're Shocked???

Now I'm not saying I'm this egotistic self-centered person because that really isn't me either. But I did reflect on it this past week.

I have been guilty of saying that I would write this blog and do our podcast even if no one read or listened. And then I would run home or to the office and check my google analytics like 5 or 10 times a day. And check my podcast download statistics to see how many were listening. ANYONE ELSE DO THAT????

Why is it that I feel this need to want to know that what I'm saying is getting out to people? Maybe it is part of my personality...or strengths...I don't know.

I do know this. Hopefully I won't go around saying that I'll do this even if no one _______. Well you fill in the blank!!!

P.S. I'm really not as self-centered as I made myself out to be. Right Honey???

No comments: