Thursday, June 07, 2007

I Wonder

Acts 2 ends with a great thought that I have been coming back too over and over again.

Let me throw it out to you from the Message Bible.

Acts 2:47 People in general liked what they saw. Every day their number grew as God added those who were saved.

Now, I wonder why so many churches close down each year. I wonder why so many churches don't have that many people being saved in them. I wonder why that in over 80% of the counties in America the largest church doesn't reach 1% of the county population.

Gee...I Wonder....Maybe it's because people in general "don't" like what they see.

I don't know...I'm just throwing it out there.

When you look at those two sentences that end that chapter you see the first one where people liked what they saw and then the second one where every day their number grew.

I think...no I know that the second one was a byproduct of the first one. The church grew because people liked what they saw. Not only grew but daily people were saved. People saw a true community and it attracted them to it.

No comments: