Sunday, November 05, 2006

I Must Worship

As I sit here meditating on this weeks message, (we conclude our Unquenchable series this week) I am thinking about the last portion of our series scripture.

John 4:23-24 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

Our first message was "True Worship Never Dies." Last weeks message was "Who God Seeks." This weeks message is "I Must Worship." The last part highlighted above is what we are going to focus on this week.

This set of scriptures has always been one of my favorites cause I have felt one of the things that has always defined who I am was worship. That is I always felt I have worshiped God wholeheartedly. If you were to go through my music you would see that 90% is praise and worship music. My favorite songs in church are songs that include "You" in them.

Now when we started this series my original thought was that I would teach them about "worship." I was going to focus on the kind of singing kind of worship, teaching our teens to push in to a deeper level in their worship during our service.

Of course you know God...He always has a way of teaching what He wants to teach. This series has focused more on "giving our whole lives to God." So this week I sense God is saying that a person who worships has an attitude that says "I must worship." I must have a total and passionate devotion to God. An attitude that starts deep inside that sometimes I can't even understand.

When that attitude is present then God becomes bigger than our problems and our problems kind of disappear under the magnitude of His presence.

Read more on Elevate here.

No comments: