Friday, January 12, 2007

I'm "Die"-eting

So when it comes to setting goals some are harder than others. Some take work. Some are take strict discipline. Some take total lifestyle changes.

Which brings me to the title of this post. All this week I began changing what, how often, and how much I eat. I keep telling my wife that I am "die"-eating. I really don't believe diets work but lifestyle changes do.

About 12 years ago I was a competitive bodybuilder and ate around 9,000 calories a day in the off-season. That wasn't a typo, I said "9,000 calories".

At that time I had peaked my weight out at 275 lbs. before I was about to begin the process of cutting down to around 220. Then something radical happened in my life and I totally changed my lifestyle and gave bodybuilding up for something better.

Here came the problem.

I kept eating the same. Well not exactly the same but I love the experience of a meal. I love the smell and the tastes. I love to put a hot bread stick from the Olive Garden in my mouth and just take in the buttery seasoning... SLAP! ... Sorry, lost it for a minute.

I said all that to say my weight is at about 265 as I started this week and I am in the process of losing what I feel will be 45 lbs.

You know what it will all be worth it. I will feel better, look better, and "my" body will be a lot healthier. I will miss those bread sticks though.

But like any goal should be, it will be worth it.

No comments: